Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Cleveland smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in total charge of your Cleveland home’s security and automation. See how it will help you and check out recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Cleveland help you?
Wirelessly connecting to components with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you can even chat with visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also provides complete remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the tasks you can carry out:
- Review real-time or recorded video from your integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Cleveland by setting schedules or creating preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock when the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be inside your home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a message if something is stopping the system from arming. For instance, an open window or door will cue you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm the security system by following the instructions above. You will then need to verify you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Cleveland
Although multiple users can be entered when your system is installed, you may want to add or remove a user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote functionality, choose phone or email and provide the info to deliver an invite.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, press users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Cleveland home security system. Contact (216) 616-8604 to get started.