What should I do when my Cleveland home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your property – and your family members – against the many risks you might experience, like burglary, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Despite the fact that your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Cleveland home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm can be jarring, disorienting, and could cause panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and follow these simple suggestions.
Steps to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Cleveland Sounds
Nobody wants to be in this situation, but it’s also the reason why you installed a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused from a deep sleep with the telltale blasting of an alarm after a security sensor has been triggered. Now what is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blasting, and your heart is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the optimal way to appraise the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to deal with the emergency alone and allow your monitoring professionals and first responders to carry out their job.
- Attend to your family. Your primary concern should be your loved ones and leading them out of danger. In the case of a intrusion, this might include going to a predetermined safe room as far from access points as possible. The intruder was in all likelihood already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always smart to be extra cautious. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to exit your home immediately.
- Grab your phone. The vast majority of individuals keep their phones with them constantly these days, but you may forget to grab it during an urgent situation. Try to remember it. You’ll be able to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and receive updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in Cleveland goes off, your 24-hour monitoring experts will act immediately. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that includes reaching out to you. The protocol they abide by depends on the type of emergency. For instance, when the emergency is is for medical reasons, a single attempt will be made to reach you before assistance is deployed. In the event of an intrusion - the most typical kind of event - a monitoring professional will follow these guidelines to contact you:
- An effort will be made to contact you through the central command panel. You will generally be required to supply a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t result in a response, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- An alternate number or first emergency contact is tried next.
- If you still can’t be reached, nearby police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again after the proper authorities are alerted.
If you're not able to communicate with monitoring staff, that’s OK. Assistance will still be dispatched even if you're not available to verify the emergency.
Prepare for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Cleveland
Stay ready for any situation with a contemporary home alarm system in Cleveland from Vivint. Dial (216) 616-8604 to start designing your home’s security today.